1. Contains healthy bioactive compounds
2. May improve brain function - Green tea contains less caffeine than coffee but enough to produce an effect.
3. Increases fat burning - Green tea may boost metabolic rate and increase fat burning in the short term, although not all studies agree.
4. Antioxidants may lower the risk of some cancers - Green tea has powerful antioxidants that may protect against cancer.
5. May protect the brain from aging - The bioactive compounds in green tea can have various protective effects on the brain.
6. May reduce bad breath - The catechins in green tea may inhibit the growth of bacteria in the mouth, reducing the risk of bad breath.
7. May help prevent type 2 diabetes - Some controlled studies show that green tea may cause mild reductions in blood sugar levels. It may also lower the risk of type 2 diabetes.
8. May help prevent cardiovascular disease - Green tea may lower total and LDL (bad) cholesterol, as well as protect the LDL particles from oxidation.
9. May help you lose weight - Some studies show that green tea may lead to increased weight loss.
10. May help you live longer - Studies show that people who drink green tea may live longer than those who don’t.